INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON
MACHINE LEARNING AND COMPUTER VISION
19-21 April, 2023
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW OPEN! SEE ‘ABSTRACTS’ BELOW FOR LINK.
This interdisciplinary workshop will focus on applications of Computer Vision and Machine / Deep Learning techniques to heliophysics research and forecasting frameworks, as well on the integration of these techniques into modeling efforts of solar and heliospheric phenomena.
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning applications in heliophysics, including:
- Solar magnetism
- Solar activity (flares, CMEs, particles)
- Solar wind
- Space weather and space climate, gaps and applications to be tackled with CV and ML
- Heliospheric radio emissions
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning techniques
- Explainable Machine Learning
- Physics-informed networks
- Open source tools for CV and ML (Python, OpenCV, scikit-learn, TF/Pytorch, etc).
Scientific Organising Committee
Kamen Kozarev (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences)
Manolis Georgoulis (Academy of Athens)
Shane Maloney (Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies)
Astrid Veronig (Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz)
Long Xu (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
Pietro Zucca (ASTRON, The Netherlands Institute of Radio Astronomy)
Confirmed Invited Speakers (continuously updated)
Robert Jarolim (Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz)
Abstracts: 1 February, 2023
15 March, 2023 – for in-person participants
1 April, 2023 – for online participants
Local Organizing Committee
Institute of Astronomy, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Abstract submissions are now open.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT HERE
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN 2023. PLEASE CHECK AGAIN SOON.
The Workshop will be held at the Sofia Tech Park in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is a technology and innovation park which develops activities to support start-ups, small and medium enterprises, science, education and innovation.
THE CONFERENCE PROGRAM WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE ON FEBRUARY 15, 2023.
THE LIST OF ATTENDEES WILL BE POSTED HERE.